Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Things I've Learned

Considering the title, this should be a relatively short post. And there's absolutely no pictures involved in this one! Some of you may sit there and laugh at my naivete. Others of you who have been through this process one or more times will probably be going, "duh, well, obviously." One of the things that I love about life, though, is no matter how far I get, I'm always discovering something new. With that thought in mind, here's my list of things I've learned while being pregnant:

  • My husband is the most amazing person in my world. Okay, I knew this one before, but you see a person in a whole new light when they've seen you go through all the pregnancy ups and downs and are still able to tell you every day how much they love you and how beautiful you are. And somehow, everytime he says it, he convinces me that he really means it. Everything he does is with such good grace and humor. I am convinced that this would not have been such a wonderful experience without him by my side.
  • Sometimes it's better in life to make things up as you are going along. This may sound like an obvious one to some of you, but you must keep in mind how absolutely vital it is in my little world to be organized and prepared. There are days during my pregnancy, however, when I have been tired or a baby appointment has taken longer than planned or perhaps I just had more energy than expected that day. At those moments I've been making the most of whatever comes my way at that time. Whether it's enjoying five minutes with my husband on the back porch, not stressing about the meeting I was supposed to be in or going for a walk around the neighborhood after dinner. In other words, trying not to be so upset about what isn't happening and being very grateful for the little moments that are.
  • I'm not in control of any of this. Again, some of you out there may be snickering as you read this. (Keep in mind ... girl here who color coordinates her underwear drawer. Honest to goodness; not making this up.) Every time during this pregnancy that I thought I knew what to expect, something different has come up. Parts of it have been perfectly normal and I just had no idea that those things actually happened. Parts of it no one has been quite sure why it has happened. It just has, and I move forward from there. Whichever the case may be, I keep focused on the fact that I am blessed with this amazing little human being. It doesn't get much better than that.

3 comments:

  1. It is an amazing journey and NONE of us are laughing at you. It takes us back to those special moments in our lives when we carried a precious life inside of us.
    Thank you for allowing us the privilege of following your journey.

    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea said it all...just ditto me on her comment.

    Loving you!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Aunt Di,
    Glad to hear you and Button and Uncle Rice are doing A-Okay. My love to you all.
    kk

    ReplyDelete