I am having trouble digesting this one. It's starting to become more real that we're actually going to take a baby home at the end of this process. However, it still hasn't quite sunk in completely. I mean, seriously, what does it take? My belly is huge, my feet are swollen, I'm, well, we'll skip this one for the sake of delicacy, but you get the general idea. You think somewhere in there it would have hit me. Perhaps this is why it takes 10 months to incubate a baby. Your brain needs that long to catch up with the concept.
We had our 37 week appointment today. It occurred to me this morning that our baby is really going to be here soon. Ben asked if I was nervous about the delivery or the baby. Both. I'm not sure why. I just am. The good news is that everyone is happy and healthy. Baby is doing very well and still pretty active. I don't know where he finds space to move in there, but he's making his presence known. Maybe Button wants to make sure I don't forget about him. Our doctor is encouraged by everything and my weight is holding steady. This is very good news. We have worked hard to keep it under 10 pounds for this pregnancy and, even with the extra water weight the past couple weeks, we have managed to do that. Doctor Tatro still hopes to make us his last delivery before leaving the hospital and we hope this works out too. If not, we have met Doctor Sexton who is also very nice. Medically speaking, I have a lot of confidence in both of them. However, it would be nice to see the pregnancy through with the person who has been there for all the ups and downs.
This is rather a rambly post, but quite honestly, my brain is feeling rather rambly today. I'm not sure if this is common, but I'm just having a hard time feeling "plugged in." Taking this into consideration, and the fact that it's a rainy day here, I think I'm going to go catch up on some scrapbooking. I still have high hopes of getting Button's book ready before he arrives, so now seems like a good time to work on that goal.
Enjoy the last few days of your journey. Yes, it is normal to be nervous and also to be a bit out of it or feel that way. Know there are many praying for a safe delivery and a healthy little button and mom!
ReplyDeleteBlessings and prayers, andrea
Nerves??? No one ever gets nervous about the delivery and baby. Especially someone who has already done it seven times. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???
ReplyDeleteAnd foggy and disconnected are unheard of, too. You are completely loco.
I would suggest the proper authorities come and get Button as soon as possible as it seems you are completely unfit to ever be a mother.
While they are at it, they might as well stop here.
I really felt the time flying when I bought milk and realized the expiry date was after my due date!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get the doctor you want to deliver Button. When I was expecting Ezekiel, I went to a practice with 6 ob's. Because I was high risk, I was seen every 2 weeks. My official ob also happened to be pregnant, and due around the same time I was. I wound up seeing 5 of the 6 doctors in the practice during my pregnancy. When I was admitted for an emergency c-section, of course, it was the ONE doctor I hadn't seen! He was excellent though and the outcome couldn't have been better.
Chica you're so cute! Yes!!!! All is normal the rambling the foggy brain and all! Love you stoppin' by to visit and can't wait till Button makes his appearance. You're in my prayers. Take care and Happy Scrap Booking, The Lady of the House
ReplyDeleteP.S. Chilli Pepper girl is hoot!
I am very excited for you, Diann!
ReplyDelete♥Hope