Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thirty Four Weeks

We had our thirty four week visit this week. There is a part of me that can not believe that we are already at 34 weeks. Actually, it's mind boggling. I've had several people tell me that usually women are ready "to be done" by now. In fact, my doctor mentioned that most of his patients are really tired of being uncomfortable by this point. I can't say that that has been my experience at all. I am so thrilled with being pregnant and it just seems to be flying past.

Trust me when I say that it has not all been easy. My ankles have disappeared by this point in time. My husband says he can't find the bed anymore because of the number of pillows I'm sleeping with. From what I understand, I no longer walk, I just waddle. The list goes on getting into items that are probably too personal to share with the general public. Here's the bottom line, though ... all of it doesn't matter.

I sat there in my appointment the other day just thinking that as excited as I am to meet my baby, I am so going to miss this very special bond we have right now. Never again will Button and I be so close to one another. I can lay in bed in the morning and feel him move. I can rub my belly and know that my baby is safe and sound inside me. Just writing it makes me want to cry because that's how much in love I am with this little human being. And in six short weeks, Button will be out on his own. Perhaps it's the fact that I really wanted to be a Mom. Or perhaps it's the fact that I never took it for granted that I was having a baby. (Maybe, if someone needs to hear my story someday, I'll share it on here.) Whatever the cause, I just couldn't help thinking how sad it is that some women wish that period of their life to be over sooner or just can't see the blessing for the minor aches and pains. Enough of my soap box.

Here is a picture of me that evening after our appointment for those who are interested in the belly progress:
This is me sitting in Button's nursery. For those of you who read my previous blog on the nursery, I am happy to report that we finally got our bookshelves in! We did a little bit of furniture rearranging (nothing drastic, just making the plugs work with how the furniture was positioned) and I'm really happy with how things worked out. Not too crowded, but still cozy. Now all I have to do is finish the paintings I'm working on. For now, I will leave you with my wonderful husband assembling our new book shelves:

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations and thanks for allowing us to follow your journey.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember loving the closeness I felt to my boys in the last few weeks of pregnancy. Until Ezekiel started rearranging furniture in there... then I decided it was time for him to come out. ;) Savour these last few weeks, there's truly nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Diann,

    I have always felt exactly the way you do about my pregnancies, although I was excited to have and hold my baby, I was sad knowing this special time was coming to an end. I think expectant mothers are jewels! I am delighted to read this post, and see you share your happiness. Thanks!

    I am praying for your safe delivery of a healthy little Baby Button.
    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. So coincidental! I was looking through a gal's favorite blogs and you were on there - your blog title caught my eye because I too am expecting (2nd baby - little Mr.) Get this I am due Oct. 10th - so you must be due a little before that huh? Sounds like you are a week ahead of me. Anyhow, God bless you and your little one and stop by for a visit some time at herhousehold.blogspot.com and I'll be back to check on your little button!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is great that you did your picture in the nursery. Hard to imagine now, but one day button will think that is so cool. Just ask a few of my kiddos.

    I agree with you one hundred percent. I was always torn between meeting my angel and parting with them all at the same time. Now button is all yours. But as soon as he is born, the world owns him and you must share.

    And, I can not believe Ben is still moving furniture! I bet he is not wondering whether he prefers for Button to be born sooner or later! Ha.

    Love you!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete