Friday, September 18, 2009

The Fair is a Veritable Smorgasbord

I had hoped to have two entries ready for the County Fair. And, perhaps, before the deadline comes around, I will complete my second entry. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, take a hop on over to Art's Chili blog. There is an old fashioned County Fair going on and you too can get in on the fun. In the interim, I am going to attempt to post my entry and hope that I get it all right. Can you tell that I am still a little intimidated by Blog world?

My first entry for the Fair is a fairly recent endeavor. A friend of mine is a huge fan of card making. She is devoted to a particular company and has a ton of their products for both cards and scrapbooking. (I'm not sure about throwing around brand names, so I'll avoid doing so here.) Anyway, I honestly don't have money to invest in a lot of tools and toys, but card making really caught my interest. Instead of spending money I don't have, I started looking around the house for what would work. And I raided everything. I pulled out scraps of colored paper, ribbons, glitter from a Christmas project we did last year, buttons from my sewing box ... well, you get the idea. Here is a sample of what I came up with:


And I wanted to get at least one close up shot, so here's two of my favorite cards:

Now I just have to pop back to Chili's page and figure out the link thing. Wish me luck!


MckLinky Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work!! Those are extra special. Well done and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Diann,

    I have to say that I am highly impressed that you made cards from what you had on hand and did not go purchase decorative care items. To me, this is true card making, and what a magnificent jog you have done! My favorites are the blue one with the stamp on the front, and the Happy B-Day with the ribbon across it; also I would add the heartfelt card…there is something about the layering of that one that intrigues me.

    Great job…I surely am interested in what your other project might look like. ☺

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful, you are so creative. Visiting for The Country Fair, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, sister of mine.

    You are always so artistic and creative. Great job on your entry! I can't wait to have some time to dig in here and catch up on what has been happening on your blog...next week?

    In the meantime I am entering into the drawing for the um "great" prizes over at Art's Chili Pepper!

    Love,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete