Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm a Turkey: AKA What People Don't Tell You

When I say I'm a turkey, I don't mean that in the traditional derogatory manner. I mean, I really feel like a Butterball. You know, that kind of turkey. I realized the other day that my belly button is starting to disappear and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's soon going to just pop out. When it comes out, I figure I'm ready ... just like an oven roaster. My big question is, will it go back to normal after the baby is born? Laugh if you must, but these are serious questions, my friends.

This may seem like a silly question. Especially to those of you who have gone through this child bearing experience multiple times. However, I have had many such questions. The other day I mentioned how wonderful my doctor here has been. The person I did not mention in my previous post is the individual who has answered most of these questions for me:


Nicole Johnson is our visiting nurse here and she is absolutely marvelous. She has an open door policy in her office, she goes walking with me to make sure I stay with my walking program, she's written me long emails when I needed encouragement and she's managed to answer all of my off-the-wall questions while maintaining a straight face. How she has managed the last is completely beyond me. There have been some doozies. Nicole calls it doing her job, but I call her a definite blessing during this time of my life.

3 comments:

  1. Hey lookie there! Only 59 days! I'm SOOOO EXCITED! I can't imagine how excited YOU are!
    Love you both!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I do have pictures that I notice through my tops even you can see my belly button sticking out. Not so attractive but hey... look what you get out of it.

    Love,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterball, eh? that's a pretty good comparison actually.

    ReplyDelete