Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to the Doctor's - Lots of Pictures

I have literally never spent so much time at the hospital. I'm not trying to exaggerate, I just seriously never think I've been in and out of the doctor's office so much in my life. Lest you think this is a criticism of the fine individuals who work on staff there, I assure you it is not. There's just days when I swear I am there almost continuously. The good part about this is that I have a lot of faith and trust in my doctor and I know he's taking good care of me and baby. He's also incredibly patient with all my questions (yes, I've asked some doozies) and he instills a lot of confidence. That's a very good thing. On top of all this, he's an exceptionally good sport, as you can see from the fact that he let me take his picture during our check up this morning:

This is Doctor Tatro who has been looking out for us for quite a while. The bummer is that he is due to leave the day before our due date. In the interim, I'm trying not to think too hard on that part and have faith that it will all work out well in the end. I've heard some fabulous things about the new doctor, so I'm sure we'll be well taken care of, it's just a confidence issue.

Now, to satisfy Nanamesiter-meisterNana, here is the latest and greatest in belly pictures:


We're almost at the eight month mark in this picture. Just a few days shy, actually. BTW, to avoid any confusion, I am speaking in gestational months and not calendar months. That being said, we still have eight weeks to go. Which is really flying by way too fast. Yes, there's been some discomfort and some ups and downs, but I adore being pregnant. As much as I'm looking forward to baby arriving, I am loving every moment of having my baby this close to me. What an amazing feeling.

I realize that you can't see much of my belly in this picture, so I'm posting an additional one just for those who want to see how huge I'm really getting. (Yes, I know I'm getting big for a fact as I had approximately five women comment on it at church yesterday.) Here's the side view just so you can compare with earlier pictures:


Recognize the dress, Kat? Update is that everything is going well. Our appointments are going to start being a bit more frequent. Everything is normal, though, and I am thrilled that everyone is healthy.

I got my lazy self motivated and found the sonogram picture from my last appointment:


This is a frontal facial picture of Button. Anyone who has any practice looking at these things should be able to pick out the pertinent features including the little hand to the left. Doctor Tatro said I just need to picture the face with a little more fat on it. As you notice, we have only facial images as my husband and I do not want to know the baby's gender ahead of time. We also put it in our birth plan that I want my husband to tell me. I figure after all that waiting, we should at least have that much.

Last, but not least, I'm inserting a photo of my amazing husband:


Here he is Sunday morning. We were conducting some serious business with Crayolas and a couple of coloring books. Which is just one of the many things my husband does to keep me smiling. I don't want anyone going away with the mistaken impression that this is a solo effort. He has been absolutely amazing putting up with my mood swings, helping me tie my shoe laces, listening to me grumble as I try to roll over at night or get up to go to the bathroom (yet again), doing things around the house, letting me cry about silly things, dealing with the extra pillows I'm taking to bed ... well, the list goes on. Needless to say, I'm not sure how anyone does this alone. He has been my saving grace. And experiencing this with him reminds me often of why I married this wonderful individual.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Aunt Diann! I get so excited to hear you talk! You look so cute with baby! WOW! All these pictures of Button! And two days in a row too! (can you tell by all the !, that I'm excited?)
    Love and miss you both!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Ben's homework he is doing??? I am telling the kids that he is coloring without them!

    I love the pictures. You look great in that black dress. I must say you look fabulous period. And compared to me at these stages...not so big actually. But you know how enormous I always get! You don't look like you have gained much...except for that Button taking up so much room there:)

    Love,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my darling girl! I'm so psyched to read this blog. I love to hear pregnant women who love to be pregnant, it makes me smile so much. Love, lovelovelovelove the big ole belly pics and love to hear a woman appreciate her hubby so much. Can't wait for you to meet the little one, but am super glad to hear you're enjoying the time now too. Love ya always and always.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable baby bump! Sounds like you are in good hands there.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea! I would love to hear ALL of the nitty-gritty from appointments to mood swings to seeing pictures...oh and don't forget pics of the baby's room!!! :)
    I thought I had more time...just realizing I have to get some loving for the baby in the mail!!! :)
    Love and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you said you're "huge" and you're 8 months in that pic! Girl, my belly was that big at 4 or 5 months!

    ReplyDelete