Sunday, August 30, 2009

Confusion in Blog Land

This post is going to be a bit more prosaic than the lovely, poetic and fun writing that I've perused on other people's pages. Unfortunately, confusion reigns eternal in Diann land and that's just the way it will have to be for now. I had hoped to have this up and running by today. We have our next doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and I thought it would be fun to put our update after the appointment. However, after two hours of staring at this page last night, and going cross-eyed in the process, I'm no closer to becoming technologically savvy and I certainly haven't figured this out as of yet. All that rambling to say ... bear with me! (And I don't mean bear as in the furry brown one with the attitude. My sister and nieces will get that.)

Ahem. In the interim, I offer abject apologies to all the lovely people who have stopped by and left a comment welcoming me to blog land. If I could figure out how to respond, I would tell you how grateful I am. I also have to post this with a warning. **IMPLICIT BLOG WARNING TYPED HERE** As I have learned from past experience, I am not all that great at keeping up with anything on a daily basis. In fact, I had both a myspace and a facebook page that were summarily deleted because I felt guilty for never keeping up with them. That being said, I would love for you to drop in when you have a free moment. And I'd love to return the favor and get to know some of you a bit better. Admittedly, my main goal is to keep Brianna up to date with as many pictures as I can so she doesn't come over and hunt me down.

For the time being, here is a sonogram picture that was taken at the 19 week mark. I believe she's already seen this one, but it works for the page, it gives me a chance to see if I'm doing this correctly and I have to go dig up the more recent sonogram picture.


This picture was taken June 8 of this year during my hour and 40 minute sonogram appointment. That wasn't as much fun as I thought it was going to be as I wasn't even able to look at the monitor during the appointment. Mainly I slept while my husband chit chatted with the guy checking out my tummy. However, I thought the profile (or profitle as it was thus labeled) made it all worthwhile.

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with more blog knowledge and an update on Button life.

4 comments:

  1. Hey chickee!

    You did it. Good job. You don't need to keep up on a daily basis. Just when you feel like it.

    As for comments...only need to reply when you would like to. People don't expect a response unless they have left a specific question. Although, it is often nice to visit their blogs if you have time and get to make some friends. I have met some very dear and special people this way.

    There are two ways to respond when you so desire. First, you can click on the persons name and it will take you to their profile where you can click on their blog. When you get there you can leave a comment under the comment section on one of their posts. The technical term for this is CDD (comment discussion disorder) which is all the comments that seemingly have nothing to do with the post.) Erica at Scottsville who is the officially founder of this disorder can tell you more about it. If you are interested I will direct you to the proper post. If suffices to know how to use it when you want to reply to comments.

    Some people respond to comments by leaving their own comment in the post. Now, I only like this approach when future visitors would benefit from the info or for readers who don't have a blog or email of their own. Because once you visited and left a comment it is not likely that you will return to that post to see if the blogger has left a comment in response to your comment. But if someone asked, "How far along were you in that picture?" Well, future visitors will want to know the answer, too. So I would leave a comment of my own with that answer and then visit or email the person who left the comment with the answer as well.

    Another way to reply, is to go to the person profile page and send them an email. Not all bloggers have an email set up though so this is not always an option. Sometimes you can just hit reply in your email window and it will automatically go to their email address. You will need to take a quick glance at the address and see if it says, "No reply at blogger" or something like that. If it does then they do not have that option set up and it will get lost in cyper space forever!!!! And we know something about that now, don't we:)

    Love the pics you have added. Sometime if you feel so inclined it might be nice for your readers to read the story of your struggle with infertility. Also, you might like to post your articles that you would normally put in your newsletter as individual posts instead of doing your newsletter or in conjunction with. Ben could even do his Ben's corner article each month. Other ideas might be how you all met and got married.... lots of things. You will do great. Or you can just put up a button picture now and again and be done with it. It is all or nothing that you want to do. Your first post here was a great start!

    OK. Now, I am supposed to be looking up some info for our vacation... couldn't resist seeing what you had going on here, though.

    Love and big hugses to you,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing button's profile! Button looks like more then just a blob here! What a beautiful baby! Can't wait to meet you button! Your doing a good job Aunt Diann! I just sent you a LONG email in reply to the one you sent asking for answers. Love you and Button! Give my best to Uncle Ben too! (I'm feeling nice today so why not?)
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You did it! You were successful and we will enjoy your posts when you have the time to post them. You will learn more as you go...I, too am still learning much about blogging.
    Blessings,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tink, I am so happy your wonderful sister and niece have shoved you kicking and screaming into blogland!! :)

    ReplyDelete