The friend of mine who is having a baby is being thrown a baby shower today. There are also an awful lot of these. (See above for digression.) I wanted to do something a little different for her baby shower present, and she had been asking for a painting for a while, so I killed two birds with one stone. Her theme for her nursery is a jungle theme so I painted her a jungle picture.
It's nice to be able to sit and paint for a short while (even if it's not my concepts). It's one of the few things that I do that doesn't have to be perfect. Probably also why I rarely give a painting to anyone else. If we were looking at Maslow's hierarchy, this is probably the closest I ever come to self-actualization. I can sit down to paint for just a few minutes and discover that an hour or two has passed before I realized it. This is one of those marvelous times in life when I get to do something for someone else and myself at the same time.
I love it! I am sure your friend will be thrilled.
ReplyDeleteGive baby button a hug from your Virginia friends.
Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea
It came out great. You could really give some of us a complex. Caring for a new born and finding time to paint! Love your new look here. Absolutely gorgeously festive.
ReplyDeleteLove,
YKW (You know who)
It's beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteYou have an award on arise 2 write.
ReplyDeleteandrea
Good Job girl
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!
ReplyDeleteAnd I know exactly what you mean about just enjoying doing it for yourseld and not having to make it perfect because that is how I feel when I draw...I don't want stress; I just want to have fun!
♥Hope
Cool painting, Diann!
ReplyDeleteI always tell myself I want to do something like that, but I just never get there. Add it to the list!
Many blessings to you!
--Julie