For those of you who don't know the story, I'll give you the abbreviated version. One year for Christmas my sister sent my younger brother a fruitcake. Not actually wanting to digest said item, he proceeded to send it back the next year. Long story short, this fruitcake has been making the rounds for several years with added embellishments along the way such as a card and a t-shirt. As happens with most jokes, this one is probably taking on a life of its own. No, not probably. It is taking on a life of its own.
This year, I have been double timed on the fruit cake front. Today, in the mail, my husband and I received a completely inedible fruitcake from my sister and her family. We think there may have been some violation of the fruitcake laws as rules clearly state that the receiver must be in possession of the fruitcake by Christmas day in order to be responsible for it for the upcoming year. However, we'll be good sports and consider this bending of the rules as a little leeway to bend them next year.
The second fruitcake came from my brother and is one of the original fruitcakes. Along with it were the card and the tshirt. The down and dirty part was that this fruitcake and paraphernalia were disguised as a gift for my baby boy. As such, we sent the following picture to let him know that Gabriel was putting his gift to good use:
And that my friends, is the story of a fruitcake. Quite frankly, I am not sure you're supposed to have this much fun with a doorstop of a confection.
Oh, you beat me to the fruit cake! I was waiting for you to get yours so I could write about the long history of fruitcake. I want you to know that I sent that in all legality as it was sent weeks and weeks ago. It is hardly my fault that your mail is so slow!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas from one fruitcake to another.
And I thought I was the only one with a fruity family.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, andrea
I love your fruity family and I absolutely *love* the way you write :)
ReplyDeleteMuch wubbins from the Holtrys :)