Thursday, November 26, 2009

For This I am Truly Thankful

It's been a while since I've posted. Not sure what it is I do with my time these days. Yes, that was said entirely tongue in cheek. However, it is Thanksgiving and my son is one month old today. Mind blowing. It's been an amazing month and I'm on a steep learning curve. I thought I'd blog a little about that then there's a whole host of experiences from this past month that I'll try to integrate here. No one minds slightly stale news, right?

If I were to write a list of things I am thankful for I would never finish this blog. Today I'm just going to focus on the newest blessing in our lives. And blessing he is. Despite some trials and errors on the parenting front, I wake up every day with a smile on my face. There's nothing quite like stumbling out of bed at six in the morning for a feeding ... only to get to hold his warm cuddly body next to mine. Like all things in life, this will pass all too soon and I treasure these moments: stroking his soft hair, smelling his sweet little neck as I burp him and watching the cute little smiles as he decides whether he's finished eating or not. Motherhood has been a challenge for me on some levels, but only because it has thrown my predictable little world into a spin. For those of you who know me, you are aware this has been my biggest struggle. So, while I'm learning to be a good mother to my son, I'm also attempting to learn to take life more as it comes. Grateful me that I have a wonderful husband and supportive family to help me along the way. And for this ... I am truly thankful.

3 comments:

  1. Diann,
    He is so precious. Thank you for sharing him here with us. No matter how many kids you have you will always be on a learning curve. Each of them are "very" different. Just when you think you have it figured out they throw you another curve. Just being willing to learn with him makes you a GREAT Mom! Please continue to share his growth with us.

    Hope you have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly beautiful picture of my little Gabriel. Allen agrees, so it must be so. Happy Thanksgiving dear sister.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is precious!!! Makes me miss having a baby. He is so cute with his little self on the big pillow!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete