Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Cat is a Comfort Eater

This will be one of my shorter posts (don't I always say that?) as I am not quite the skillful hand at mothering as many of you. Seems like my days go by ever so fast and I look around and can't think what I've done. Reminds me of that Baby Blues cartoon ... I made a tray of ice cubes and combed half my hair. Kat knows what I mean. Of course, it doesn't help that every time we turn around we have to run out to yet another doctor's appointment or to take care of more paperwork. Right now, my son is officially known as Babyboy Rickert. We hope to clear this up soon. But I digress ...

What does this title have to do with anything I'm writing about? Well, we ended up having our baby October 26 at 9:20 in the morning. We didn't arrive home until Friday of that week. My husband came home a couple of times during that stay to check on the cat and clean out her litter box. Apparently, though, she was quite bored. When we got home she had spent a good amount of time eating and it is quite apparent from her spreading proportions. We're trying not to make her feel bad about this, however. Since we've gotten home, she hasn't taken too kindly to babyhood and spends a lot of time eating and sleeping. Very sad state of things. If she would just get over her dislike of Babyboy, she would see a lot more of us, but there you have it.

On to Babyboy Rickert ... As I mentioned, our son was born October 26 at 9:20 in the morning. We had a little boy who, as you can see from the sidebar, was named Gabriel Benjamin. Although most of you probably know this since I believe all of you read my sister's blog. This means that the winner of the Baby Pool is Kat who came closest on 3 out of 5 categories. And I should probably give her credit for guessing our son's name as Baby since this does seem to be his official moniker at present. She'll be here in just a few short days so I'll be sure to hand over her prize then.

For now, I'll post a picture or two and then I'm going to go spend some time with my husband while our son sleeps ... Thank you to everyone for all the support and prayers. We're all recovering nicely and appreciate your kind thoughts.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, he is so incredibly beautiful... I can not wait to get my hands on him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he is absolutely precious!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you and your husband!!
    He's so cute and sweet!
    Hugs,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Gabriel is beautiful!
    Know you are all in my prayers!
    Many blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a sweety pie here! Mom will be leaving to see you in a few hours, and I have a feeling you won't see much of Baby by the time she gets there ;)

    Love you too so much, I'm letting you have Mom for two whole weeks!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete