Recently my son came to me and said, "Mama, I'd like to discuss the current nap arrangement. Up until now we've been doing a four nap a day schedule. However, I have drawn up a three nap a day schedule which I believe will work better for everyone involved. I would appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to review the notes I have here." I looked over what he had and he was right. Three longer naps were working much better than the current four short ones. So, now that's the plan.
I like to pretend that I have some element of control over what's going on in my household. Really I do. Truth is that I make grand plans and someone else works it out. We all know that most of the time it's God telling me that my schedule just isn't His. Letting go is probably one of my biggest challenges as a Christian and as a human being. God works with me on this one continually.
I'm going to admit now in this very safe little format ... I have no clue what I'm doing as a Mom. If you haven't figured that out yet, I really don't. I'm enjoying every moment of it, but admittedly, I am just along for the ride. However, it's better not to let the world in general know this. If nothing else, if I put on a false bravado, it keeps interfering individuals from giving me reams of unwanted advice. It's really good sometimes to pretend I know what I'm doing. In the interim, I'll go on making up my little schedules and getting things accomplished when I least expect them. For now, that's the plan.
Hmmm... pretty mature for his5 months don'cha think?
ReplyDeleteSeriously, though, he is soo precious and I can't wait to see all of you in July!
Love,
KK
Ha! That's the spirit. What we more seasoned moms know is that we don't really know all that much except this very important morsel... no matter what they decided to do or not do... let them think it was your own idea to begin with. The old saying is that if you say it long enough and loud enough people will believe it. In this case, we let them think we are in charge.☺
ReplyDeleteLove,
Kat
Bless your heart. It is tough! I totally get it! My little one insists on going to bed at 8 and waking at... get this - 1a, 4a, 6a - He is 5 mo. remember, born just days after yours... well he is a STINKER! and I can't get him to quit it either - I, like you have tried and tried - rice cereal, pacifier at those times - he just screams and I don't want to let him scream (although I would) because big brother and him sleep in the same room. So good luck deary and I'll be thinking about ya. Keep the good attitude!
ReplyDeleteI was rolling when I read this. And then I had to come back and read it again. You are so funny...
ReplyDeleteLove you guys and looking forward to seeing you soon!